The Health Hazards of Living in a Moldy Home

If you weren't aware, long-term exposure to mold can be incredibly hazardous to your health and well-being! Learn more about the warning signs here!

If you’re wondering if mold harms your health, the answer is yes! It can severely affect the lungs, immune system, and central nervous system.

Mold grows in the spring and falls when the temperature and humidity are just right. As a resident living or working in a city, you must be alert to tell-tale signs of mold growth.

We will provide an in-depth guide to mold, the health hazards, and how you can protect your family’s health. Read on to learn how long term exposure to mold can harm your health.


The Health Hazards of Long Term Exposure to Mold

There are several health hazards associated with long-term mold exposure. If you think you may have been exposed to mold, it is essential to avail mold testing services as soon as possible.

Mold Can Lead to Respiratory Problems

As mold can grow in damp areas and release spores into the air, it can lead to respiratory problems. These spores can then be inhaled and cause asthma attacks and other respiratory problems.

It is essential to keep your home clean and dry to prevent mold growth and to ventilate any areas where mold is present. If you or someone in your home has respiratory problems, you must see a doctor to get the proper treatment.

Mold Can Cause Depression and Anxiety

Long term exposure to black mold can cause depression and anxiety due to the production of toxins that can impact the brain. Toxins produced by mold can cause various symptoms, including headaches, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and memory problems.

You Can Experience Allergic Reactions

There are many types of mold, but not all are harmful. However, some types of mold can cause health problems, especially if you are allergic to it. Symptoms of a mold allergy include sneezing, runny nose, congestion, itchy eyes, and skin rash.

These reactions can range from mild to severe and can even be life-threatening. If you think you may be allergic to mold, see your doctor for testing and treatment.

Mold Exposure Can Irritate Your Sensory Organs

Mold exposure can irritate your sensory organs, such as your eyes, nose, and throat, causing respiratory issues and can even cause eye and skin infections. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, taking appropriate action and seeking medical attention immediately is essential.

Mold Can Cause Neurological Problems

The symptoms of neurological problems caused by mold can include difficulty thinking, memory problems, mood changes, and problems with movement. The problems can be mild or severe and can last for a short time or a long time. Therefore, it is essential to see a doctor to get the help you need.

Get Rid of Mold!

If you suspect you have a mold problem in your home, it is essential to take action quickly to mitigate the health hazards that come with long term exposure to mold. Mold can cause severe problems to our health. 

Long term exposure can lead to serious health issues, including severe allergic reactions, asthma, and cancer. It is essential to take preventive measures to avoid its harmful effects.

Contact a professional right away to address the issue. Your health and well-being are worth it.

Check out our other blog posts if you found this helpful article.